This exciting project is driven by the needs of the local community and aims to address many of the current health and well being issues people are facing in the area. The project is based on healthy living through football, both inside and outside of school hours, and gives opportunities for us to engage within the local community.
The key aims of this project are to:
- Endorse the physical, mental and social benefits of health to young people and their parents/guardians.
- Promote the healthy eating agenda by looking at packed lunches, eating on a budget, and educating groups on the health benefits of freshly prepared meals verses pre packaged convenience foods.
- Develop young people’s social skills such as team work, patience, turn taking and communication, which in turn will have a positive effect for children going back into there school classrooms.
- Engage with the children’s families that we work with in schools to inform them of the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle, highlighting the short and long term benefits it can bring to themselves and their children.
- Allow children opportunities to discover foods to have more of and understand those that should be avoided or eaten in moderation.
By your school selecting to be part of this project you will receive:
- Ground Tour, Coaching Session and Health Talk 1 x 2hr session per school
- 28 x 1hr Coaching Sessions
- 6 x 1hr Healthy Lifestyles Sessions
- An Eat my Goal workbook for each student in the project
- 6 x 2hr Family Learning Sessions
- One Week Summer Holiday Course 10 places per school
- Free entry into Npower Kids Cup
- End of project trip per school to a local attraction
Please contact email@example.com or phone 0117 963 0636 for further details about how your school can get involved.