Study with Bristol City Community Trust in 2017/18!
Bristol City Community Trust’s Level 2 Diploma course is a one-year programme suitable for post-16 boys and girls of all academic and playing abilities, who are passionate about furthering their experience within football coaching.
Based inside the newly-redeveloped Ashton Gate Stadium, students have access to purpose-built facilities classrooms and facilities, creating an inspirational learning environment.
Alongside the academic requirements of the course, which sees students cover a diverse range of units, students will participate in ten hours of practical sessions per week, split between training and competitive football fixtures. This provides students with the opportunity to represent Bristol City Football Club against other colleges.
Extra-curricular activities are also embedded within the Level 2 Diploma course, with National Citizen Service (NCS) being a prime example. NCS will be undertaken in the students’ first year of the course and will assist them in developing friendships amongst peers, enhancing social and personal skills, while giving them the chance to conduct purposeful work in the local community.
National and international tours are also an integral part of the course. The Trust provides opportunities for students to visit world-famous stadia, including the likes of The Emirates (Arsenal), The Etihad (Manchester City) and White Hart Lane (Tottenham Hotspur).
Each year also sees students train and play abroad, with recent trips including visits to Croatia and Germany. These trips are optional but act as aspiration opportunities for students to engage and learn from.
The Trust are extremely committed to enhancing students’ employability skills, which is why students who enrol on to this course have access to valuable work experience in community or academy projects. This opportunity allows students to enhance their delivery and CV accordingly, which can assist them in getting a head start in their career path.
Diploma Level 2 in Sports Studies
- 12 hours of education per week
- Equivalent to ten hours of practical per week
- Gain your FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football
- Six units ranging from anatomy and physiology to event management
- Primarily assessed through weekly coursework
- Participate in National Citizen Service (NCS)
- Training sessions led by UEFA qualified coaches
- Competitive league fixtures
- Valuable work experience in community or academy projects
This course is FREE to enrol onto for all students. There is however, a compulsory £200 (approx.) cost for Bristol City kit.
Prerequisites to Apply
- A minimum of four GCSEs in any subject
- Have a keen interest in football and coaching
- Entry on to a Level 3 course
- Job opportunities at Bristol City Football Club or Bristol City Community Trust
- Job opportunities within the leisure industry
- American scholarships
For further information on the course please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Trust on 0117 963 0636.